Dharavi Records 68 New Covid-19 Cases Today, Including One Death
Dharavi recorded 68 new confirmed cases of Covid-19, including one death, taking the total count of infected people in Mumbai’s biggest slum to 733.
Among the latest to test positive are women aged between 21 years and 90 years and men aged between 18 years and 72 years, said Kiran Dighavkar, assistant commissioner in charge of the G/North Ward in Central Mumbai. “A male patient died due to Covid-19 from Naik Nagar in Dharavi”.
So far, 21 people have died of complications related to the virus in Dharavi, a sprawl of shanties spread over 240 hectares with a population of 8.5 lakh and over 13,000 small businesses.
Of the 68 fresh cases:
- Six are from Matunaga Labour Camp.
- Five each from Transit Camp, Indira Nagar, Khumbharwada and 90 Feet Road.
- Three each from 60 Feet Road and Dharavi PC.
- Two each from Mukund Nagar, Dhorwada, Dharavi Cross Road, Balaji Nagar, Kunchikurve Nagar, Maharana Pratap CHS, Chowgule Chawl, Anna Nagar, Naik Nagar, and Muslim Nagar.
- One each from Kamaladevi Road, Dharavi Main Road, Dr Baliga Nagar, Jai Hindu Mill Chawl, Abu Bakar Chawl, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Chawl, Social Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Akashwadi Chawl, Khamdev Nagar, Gangadhar Chawl, Sabrina Chawl, Dhobi Ghat, Rehmat Chawl and Sangharsha Nagar.
According to Maharashtra health ministry’s media bulletin on Wednesday, 1,233 new Covid-19 cases were reported taking the total tally to 16,758. The total number of cases in Mumbai stands at 10,714.